Monday, October 26, 2009

Thing #13

typewriter key letter H O letter L A

Man, was that ever fun! I had a hard time deciding which image generator I wanted to use. After playing around awhile, I finally decided that I had better just choose something, or else I would have been up all night experimenting. I chose the Spell with Flickr to post my Spanish introduction. This was fun because I could go back and retype the word each time getting a different combination of letters. The other image I chose was through a program called mytattoons. I was able to make a cartoon me! I feel like something is missing however... I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Oh well, after it was all said and done, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I feel this could be useful in class by merely allowing students the opportunity to express themselves. Kids are so much about being unique and individual that I feel the image generators allow them the freedom to show off their talents that they may not always get the chance to demonstrate while reading Shakespeare or reciting vocabulary. I could see kids using the Spell with Flickr to make custom vocab lists and the mytattoons to describe themselves. This would be useful when we use body vocab and adjectives. I can use them however... to make a ROCKIN" Blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment