Friday, October 16, 2009

Thing #9

Well, its been 50 hours since my last post. I've been working on my wiki. After I received permission to play in the sandbox, I set out to make not just any wiki, but THE wiki. After my third failed upload to the site I threw my self back away from the computer cursing the day I decided to become technologically savvy. "It's better than me", I whispered below my breath, and somewhere from within my computer, I would have sworn I heard a chuckle. It was then that I decided I could beat it! I cracked my knuckles and geared to push myself forward and with a victorious yell, I thrust my chair forward to defeat the evil wiki. "Not this time", I smirked as I double bracketed the [[toc]] as opposed to the single brackets on the instructions page. From somewhere in my computer I felt it had suffered a blow. "Each title must be a heading", I sneered as I quickly changed the title from normal to heading. "Oh there you are!", I triumphantly exclaimed as I discovered the Powerpoint presentation I had uploaded had lodged itself behind the editing tool. "I'm king of the wiki!!!", I shouted as I rose from my chair and kicked my defeated powerless computer to the floor. Well, maybe that last part was a bit over the top, but that's what I felt like doing. I called a dear friend who would understand my grief to share with her my sorrows of the wiki. "It is conquerable", I told her, "and we shall beat it once more if need be." Victory was ours and we will be better next time. All in all the wiki is very fun and useful, it's just difficult to set up the first time. My wiki page is available to anyone interested.

1 comment: